… here’s a little riddle for you! I expect you’ve seen it before – Einstein supposedly wrote it in the late 1800’s. He said that 98% of the world population would not be able to solve it. Well maybe that was true in the 1800’s but these days I think the percentage would be substantially lower! If you use a table to work it out you’ll probably be done in about ten minutes…
I love the Christmas holidays: Nearly two weeks of unadulterated enjoyment! But it’s not good for my brain. So have a go at Einstein’s Riddle and give your brain a bit of a mid-holidays boost! :)
- In a street there are five houses, painted five different colors.
- In each house lives a person of different nationality.
- Each homeowner drinks a different kind of beverage, smokes a different brand of cigar and keeps a different type of pet.
The question is: Who owns the fish?
This is what we know…
- The British man lives in a red house.
- The Swedish man keeps dogs as pets.
- The Danish man drinks tea.
- The Green house is next to, and on the left of the White house.
- The owner of the Green house drinks coffee.
- The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
- The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill.
- The man living in the center house drinks milk.
- The Norwegian lives in the first house.
- The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
- The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
- The man who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
- The German smokes Prince.
- The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
- The Blends smoker lives next to the one who drinks water.
No cheating ok – this is for your own good! :)